The Obama Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by former U.S. President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama in 2014. The foundation’s mission is to inspire, empower and connect people from all around the world to create positive change in their communities. The foundation works towards achieving this goal through various programs and initiatives that focus on leadership development, civic engagement, and community organizing.
The main objective of the scholarship program is to identify and support outstanding individuals who have shown potential for creating positive change in their communities. Through this program, the Obama Foundation aims to develop a diverse network of global leaders who are dedicated to serving others and bringing about social change.
Benefits of the Obama Foundation Scholarship
The selected scholars receive various benefits through the Obama Foundation Scholarship Program. This includes:
- A fully-funded one-year leadership development program,
- Mentorship opportunities,
- Access to global networking events and resources and
- A stipend for living expenses during the program.
Eligibility Requirements for the Scholarship
1. Applicants must be citizens of one of the eligible countries listed on the official website of the Obama Foundation. They must also be between 18-25 years old at the time of application.
2. Applicants should have a strong academic record with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
3. Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English language through standardized tests such as TOEFL or IELTS, unless they are native English speakers or have completed their education in an English-speaking institution.
4. Applicants should provide evidence of their involvement in service initiatives that align with one or more of the four focus areas identified by the foundation – Education, Environment, Health, and Civic Engagement.
5. Candidates must showcase leadership potential through active participation in extracurricular activities, community organizations, or other initiatives that demonstrate their ability to inspire and influence positive change.
6. Candidates should also have a strong sense of purpose and a clear vision for their future goals.
7. Applicants must be willing to relocate to Chicago for the duration of the program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
1. Understand the Eligibility Criteria:
Before starting your application, it is crucial to carefully review and understand the eligibility criteria set by the Obama Foundation Scholarship. To be eligible, applicants must be 18 years or older, fluent in English, and not holding any other degree or educational qualification at the time of application.
2. Create an Account on the Application Portal:
Once you have determined your eligibility for the scholarship, you can create an account on the Obama Foundation Scholars Program application portal. This account will allow you to access and save your application as well as track its progress.
3. Fill Out Your Personal Information:
The first step in completing your application is filling out personal information such as your name, contact details, date of birth, etc. Make sure all information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Write Your Essays:
The next step is writing two essays that will help assess your leadership potential and commitment towards creating positive change in society. These essays should reflect who you are as an individual and what motivates you to make a difference in your community. Be sure to use specific examples from your life experiences to support your answers.
5.Collect Required Documents:
To complete your application, you will need to submit a resume/CV, academic transcripts or diplomas, and two letters of recommendation. Make sure to have these documents ready before starting your application.
6. Submit Your Application:
Once you have completed all the above steps, review your application to ensure all information is accurate and all required documents are attached. Then, click on the submit button to finalize your application.
7. Wait for Notification:
After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email from the Obama Foundation Scholars Program team acknowledging receipt of your application. The selection process may take several weeks, so be patient while waiting for a response.
8. Acceptance and Preparation:
If selected for the scholarship, you will be notified via email with further instructions on how to prepare for the program. Congratulations, you are now one step closer to becoming an Obama Foundation Scholar.